source code control for audit userspace tools

Tony Jones tonyj at suse.de
Thu Feb 15 19:00:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 10:44:29AM -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:06:08 PST, Tony Jones said:
> > It would be nice if there could be some form of source code control for
> > the changes that occur between revisions of the userspace tools.
> >
> > Is development internally to RedHat done using any form of source code
> > control?  Or is the development more ad-hoq?
>
> A publicly accessible git tree would be nice. :)
>
> (Of course, that's only if 'git' is the native storage, or if there's a
> per-commit export to it - a git repository that has a changelog that
> reads 'import 1.1.3', 'import 1.1.4', etc isn't much help....)

Right, it needs to be per discrete change (feature and bugfix) which clearly
may have an impact on how internal development is done.

I don't care if it's git, svn, cvs or just a directory per release containing
a set of discrete patches.

Unless there is some scc inside of redhat, I'm guessing it's too late for
past releases and this will just be for going forward.

Thanks!

Tony