SUSE ELS and Audit

Johnston Mark (UK) Mark.Johnston at o2.com
Fri Feb 23 10:18:36 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

I'm really struggling to get an understanding of what kernel and audit
version I need to be able to use file system watches on my SLES 10 box.

>From what I've managed to read and understand, we need kernel 2.6.18 and
audit version 1.2.x ? Is that correct ? At the moment I'm struggling to
install 1.2.x, but I've managed to get the kernel up and running.

Also worth a note here ... by default, SLES 10 does not show system
calls. It's disabled in /etc/sysconfig/auditd. Edit
AUDITD_DISABLE_CONTEXTS, and make it ="no"

Cheers
Mark

This electronic message contains information from O2 which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address below) immediately.
O2 (UK) Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX Registered in England and Wales: 1743099. VAT number: GB 778 6037 85