setting up auditd

geckiv geckiv at optonline.net
Tue Mar 6 20:27:18 UTC 2007

Well I have a few problems and I can't find any good references on the
net on how to do this.  I have a RH Rel 4 system and it does not seem to
be setup to run auditd (ok rpm reveals audit-0.5-1. but config file and
device files non existent).  And once i have that running I want to be
able to have my own application write to the auditd .  I understand
audit-libs is required for that but have been unable to find it nor a
procedure on how ot use it.  I found some tid bits but they seem Rel 3
related.

Help!!!

Thanks,

Frank