event loss with dispatcher?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 02:20:42 UTC 2007

Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Thursday 08 November 2007 16:17:52 klausk at br.ibm.com wrote:
>> Any tips on how can I debug this further?

My apologies, but I haven't been following this thread because I've had
my head down with other work, but by any chance could the missing audit
data be explained by out of order event ID's in the audit stream? This
was a limitation of auparse but I know Steve was planning on fixing
this. If it hasn't been fixed auparse will appear to drop audit records
from an event if the audit records for a single event are not
contigious. Actually I think you'll get multiple copies of the same
event with each copy containing only part of the audit data, a scenario
that's confusing and would give the appearance of missing data. Just a
thought, not sure if it's relevant.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>