get_field_str() and interpret_field() bug with multi-word fields

Eric Paris eparis at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 20:11:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 15:58 -0400, John Dennis wrote:

> So many people have complained about this; I do not understand the
> resistance to fixing it. The argument it would break something which
> is broken to begin with does not seem like a reasonable justification
> to me. The sooner it's fixed the better IMHO.

Show me the code and I'll start trying to fix the kernel based on that
code as best we can.  But before you start read over the article

Can user-space bugs be kernel regressions?
http://lwn.net/Articles/292143/

As soon as you grasp that article send me the code and we'll work
together to fix this problem!

-Eric