prelude events

LC Bruzenak lenny at magitekltd.com
Mon Aug 25 20:47:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 16:41 -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Monday 25 August 2008 16:24:35 LC Bruzenak wrote:
> > I think I just saw the answer in the audisp-prelude man page:
> > -w /etc/shadow -p wa
> >
> >        and you want idmef alerts on this, you need to add -k
> > ids-file-med  or something appropriate to signal  to  the  plugin
> >        that  this  message is for it.
>
> Yes, you'd add  -k ids-file-  and the one of: info, low, med, or high
> depending on how severe you consider this access.
>
> -Steve

...and of course then that made me think if we can do this for the file
watches, why not for user-submitted events also? Some of these I am
already sending into the prelude system via patched audisp-prelude.c
code, but I'd prefer to rip out this hack and instead just have a
matching key identified.

LCB.

--
LC (Lenny) Bruzenak