audit 1.6.6 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Jan 19 21:57:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit  It will also be in rawhide
soon. The Changelog is:

- Add prelude IDS plugin for IDMEF alerts
- Add --user option to aulastlog command
- Spec file cleanups

This release adds an audispd plugin that watches for certain audit events in
real-time and sends an IDMEF alert when it sees something notable. I will
publish a HOWTO in a couple days to show how to go about setting up prelude
and registering this plugin. The events it is currently able to send are:
logins, max falied logins, max concurrent sessions, SE Linux AVCs, and apps
that abnormally terminate. I'll add more in the future. To build this plugin,
you need to add a --with-prelude to the configure command.

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.