audit aggregation

LC Bruzenak lenny at magitekltd.com
Wed Jan 30 17:26:12 UTC 2008

Just a thought from someone who is following this list closely b/c I'm
tasked with setting up a multi-host system auditing capability - one
thing Steve G. mentioned was:

> > it both decodes AND performs contextual substitution. Contextual
> > substitution only has meaning when applied on the same host and at
> > approximately the same time as when the audit record was generated.
>
> Correct. You are talking about something the library does not handle
> today. The reason is because there is no designed method to aggregate
> logs. So, when that work is done, auparse will be fixed up to handle
> the situation.

I have been thinking about how to solve this also; I bet I'm not alone.

So if/when changes are made I'd be grateful if it is included. I'll be
willing to participate as required.

LCB.

ps: Steve the prelude plugins are excellent!

--
LC (Lenny) Bruzenak
lenny at magitekltd.com