audit_get_reply() returns EBADE

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 11:26:44 UTC 2008

A few times now I've seen audit_get_reply() return EBADE (Invalid
exchange). This coincides with a particular job which results in an
output rate of about 5.5k records/sec. The system remains responsive,
and it always fixes itself when the rate comes back down again.

What exactly does EBADE mean in this context? I assume I'm dropping
audit messages from the kernel while this is going on. Is there any way
I can determine how many? Is there any way to tune things to survive
this temporary stress event?

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS
Red Hat, Global Professional Services

M:       +44 (0)7977 267231
GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490