The second argument "type" is not used in audit_filter_user()

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon May 19 17:11:48 UTC 2008

On Friday 16 May 2008 05:10:11 am Peng Haitao wrote:
> I find the second argument "type" is not used in audit_filter_user().

I researched this all the way back to our RHEL4 kernel. This appears to be in
every kernel I can find. I don't know what its original purpose is, but it
does appear to be unused. Its not on a performance critical path, but should
be cleaned up just on the principal of it. Someone should submit a patch
deleting this argument.