A question about auditd_reply_list and auditd_consumer_data in Audit.c and Auditd-event.c

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon May 19 17:27:42 UTC 2008

On Thursday 15 May 2008 11:40:55 pm chuli wrote:
> 	I have read source code in Audit-1.6.5 about auditd part. I looked up into
> functions equeue_event(),event_thread_main() in
> Auditd-event.c,get_reply(),send_audit_event() and main function in
> Auditd.c. I don't know why it must use a list (auditd_reply_list) here.

As the code stands today, it does not need it. I keep the project's future
development needs/goals in a TODO file at the top directory in the source
tarball. I have a goal of making an internal queue between the listener and
disk writing threads. What I wanted to do was get it working in audispd and
then backport that same queue mechanism into auditd. But I wanted it to get
tested out before pulling it into the more critical auditd code. I plan to
add this internal queue in the 2.0 series which should start in the next
month or two.