A question about the directory watch in audit_tree.c in kernel

zhangxiliang zhangxiliang at cn.fujitsu.com
Tue May 20 01:11:43 UTC 2008

HI,
        When I use "auditctl -w /home" to watch a directory, nothing about the
directory changed can be output.

       I found the "audit tree handle_event" in audit_tree.c in kernel. It
implements as follows:

       static void handle_event(struct inotify_watch *watch, u32 wd, u32 mask,
                         u32 cookie, const char *dname, struct inode *inode)
{
	struct audit_chunk *chunk = container_of(watch, struct audit_chunk, watch);

	if (mask & IN_IGNORED) {
		evict_chunk(chunk);
		put_inotify_watch(watch);
	}
}

        In "handle_event", the mask can be "IN_MOVED_FROM", "IN_MOVED_TO",
"IN_DELETE_SELF", "IN_IGNORED" and so on.
        Why it only deals with the mask  " IN_IGNORED" and ignores the other
mask?

--
Regards
Zhang Xiliang
MAIL: zhangxiliang at cn.fujitsu.com
This communication is for use by the intended recipient(s) only and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not an intended recipient of this
communication, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying hereof is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify me by reply e-mail, permanently delete
this communication from your system, and destroy any hard copies you may have
printed.