Viewing Auditd LOG format (RHEL 4 Workstation: 64bit Kernel 2.6.9-67)

McCarthy, John D. John.McCarthy at gd-ais.com
Tue May 27 14:43:05 UTC 2008

Is there a way to view/change the Auditd log format so when I view the
logs they are more user friendly to read?  I think the auditd.conf file
format is FORMAT=RAW, is this the setting and if so can I change it so
my logs are less complicated to read.  The other log files (SYSTEM or
SECURITY) are user easy enough to read; its just the auditd.log files
are complicated.

Thank You

John D. McCarthy
Information Assurance Principal Engineer
General Dynamics AIS
5200 Springfield Pike Suite 200
Dayton, Ohio 45431-1289
Phone: 937-476-2619