need rules help

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Aug 8 15:34:51 UTC 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 05:17:36 pm LC Bruzenak wrote:
> So it appears that the "never" rule is not firing...right?

No, its actually something else

> I'm not sure if the rule applies to only the info in the "type=syscall"
> line. Really I want to compare against the specific scontext/tcontext
> pair in the "type=AVC" line.

The issue is that SE Linux AVCs travel a different path. When an AVC denial
occurs and there is not a dontaudit associated with it, it sends the event
straight to the netlink queue. To suppress an AVC, you would need to make a
change to SE Linux policy. The SE Linux folks wanted to make sure there was no
way to suppress an AVC without explicitly stating so in policy.