buffer space

David Flatley dflatley at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 17 14:49:55 UTC 2009

   Thanks Steve!
 If I were to move all the rotated logs to another directory,
say /home/logs. So instead of doing "ausearch -i" to capture all the
information in the rotated logs in
/var/log/audit directory. I would do "ausearch -i -f /home/logs" , correct?

Backlog is set to 12288 right now.

 The SECSCAN requires many -w (watches) and a fair amount of syscalls. I
modified the syscalls to add your recommendation for using "arch=b32" and
"arch=b64".
Because I was getting errors restarting the auditd on some of their
recommendations one of which was mount?

 Another setting I believe was doing me in was the log size is 20 megs and
I allow 8 rotated logs. But I had admin_disk_full set to 160 and the action
was suspend.
So this could have been tripping me up also.

  I would like to be able to do the audit log extractions (ausearch and
aureport) when I get say 8 - 20 megs logs. I see I can do an exec on a
script in max_log_file_action.
So if I set the max_log_file to 160, I can then run a script to move the
rotated logs and process them, thus not stopping auditd and keeping things
working? I would set the
max rotated logs to 10 to allow the new rotated log space then move the
logs as you suggest.

    Thanks.

David Flatley CISSP