Compile Error

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Dec 17 11:42:35 UTC 2009

On Thursday 17 December 2009 01:22:52 am 陈洁丹 wrote:
> I search the Internet , but  there is no solution.
> Do I need to add other library? which one?

>From the download page, you need kernel headers >= 2.6.30. There was a lot of
ancient code in upstream kernels that I did not want to continue distributing
so that the headers could be cleaned up. Also, because the API changed, that
means it has a soname number change, which means you will need to recompile
everything that links with libaudit. So, it would only be needed for new linux
distributions, which should be using a recent kernel.

If you have an older distribution and kernel, use 1.7.17 instead. Fedora 11,
for example, uses it. But since Fedora 12 is new, it uses the 2.0.x series.