print capability for audit-viewer?

LC Bruzenak lenny at magitekltd.com
Sat Dec 19 17:58:12 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Miloslav Trmac <mitr at redhat.com> wrote:
> ----- "LC Bruzenak" <lenny at magitekltd.com> wrote:
>> Is there any plan to add printing capability to the audit-viewer?
> Not currently; you can export any tab to HTML[1] and use a web browser (or perhaps (lynx -dump | lpr)) to print it.  Is that an acceptable solution for you?
>    Mirek

Mirek,

Thanks for the reply. I tried the export, however it isn't the tab
contents per se which have the important data for us. We have modified
the event tab to include the entire raw event, because in our system,
the really important data is in usually the application-submitted
text.

Since the event details window has no export, there is no way to print
the desired information per event.

I also tried adding the "other fields" to the columns listing, however
that particular test also had a different error. The first column was
"Date" and when I tried to export that list, it failed to export the
list. So I ran the audit-viewer from the command line and saw an
error:
TypeError: __date_column_event_text takes exactly 1 argument (2 given).

> [1] I have just noticed that "list" exports don't work, and a fix will be available in the next release.
>    Mirek

Was it the above or different?

Thanks again,
LCB.