audisp-prelude event not propagated?

LC Bruzenak lenny at magitekltd.com
Thu Sep 17 03:00:05 UTC 2009

I have 2 machines: one collector and one sender.
I added a watched file key with the ids keyword on the sender machine.

Other IDS events (login, AVCs, etc.) propagate from the sender to the
collector, so I am sure they are registered correctly
(prelude-manager->prelude-manager). Watched file IDS events do not get
to the collector.

I have the same rule on the collector machine and verified it generated
the prelude "Watched File" event when I touched a file watched with the
key:
[root at audit ~]# auditctl -l | grep ids
LIST_RULES: exit,always watch=/boot/test perm=wa key=ids-file-hi

Is this a prelude issue or an audit issue?

Thx,
LCB.

audit-1.7.13-1.fc10
prelude-manager-0.9.14.2-2.fc10.x86_64