ausearch results differ with "-i" flag

LC Bruzenak lenny at magitekltd.com
Wed Mar 17 19:15:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 14:57 -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:

> > What happened to the position that changing audit output from the
> kernel was
> > verboten?
>
> This particular avc originates from user space. The application needs
> to follow the rules correctly so it doesn't mess up the logs.

User space, yes, but from the Xorg server. Because X controls accesses
internally it apparently audits stuff using the USER_AVC in this way.
My confusion is that I thought any freetext should be allowed inside the
"msg=" field and not interpreted by ausearch.

I remember a while back though you told me why this can happen...so I
need to look back and see. I suspect because the parse libs work as I
think and the ausearch/aureport doesn't use those.?.

Thx,
LCB.

--
LC (Lenny) Bruzenak