Suppressed messages

Fulda, Paul R (IS) Paul.Fulda at ngc.com
Wed May 5 17:06:04 UTC 2010

All,

Running Red Hat 5.4 and I have auditd turned off so that the audit logs
go to /var/log/messages, this way I can forward all of the logs to a
centralized log server.  Probably other ways to do this but this setup
works well on our Fedora 8 machines.  Question I have is that I am
getting a lot of "kernel: printk: 39 messages suppressed"  messages in
the /var/log/messages file.  On fedora 8, this does not happen,
everything comes through with no suppression.  Any ideas on what changed
in auditing that would cause this?

Thanks!