Which auditd for which kernel?

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon Oct 25 14:58:13 UTC 2010

On Monday, October 25, 2010 10:37:34 am Karl Katzke wrote:
> What¹s the appropriate response?

You can use either 1.7.18 or 2.0.5 on a 2.6.25 kernel. However, note that the
audit code has been branched. The 1.7 branch is maintenance only, while active
development and new features are on the 2.x branch.

> Step back to the 1.x arch of autid, although I note that the redhat build is
> 1.7.18 and the changelog doesn¹t seem to have been updated since 1.7.13?

There are 2 changelogs. One for the 2.x branch and one for the 1.8 branch.
What you are seeing is the branch point where 2.x is progressing in its own
way. The other changelog is here:

https://fedorahosted.org/audit/browser/branches/1.8/ChangeLog