audit-2.0.5 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 15:15:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be in rawhide
soon. The ChangeLog is:

- Make auparse handle empty AUSOURCE_FILE_ARRAY correctly (Miloslav Trmač)
- On i386, audit rules do not work on inode's with a large number (#554553)
- Fix displaying of inode values to be unsigned integers when listing rules
- Correct Makefile install of audispd (Jason Tang)
- Syscall table updates for 2.6.34 kernel
- Add definitions for service start and stop
- Fix handling of ignore errors in auditctl
- Fix gssapi support to build with new linker options
- Add virtualization event types
- Update aureport program help and man pages to show all options

A few bug fixes and cleanups. This release also introduces a couple new event
types to be used with service start/stop and virtualization.

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.