filter specific file from specific program

Lance Dillon riffraff169 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 15:27:40 UTC 2011

----- Original Message ----

Thanks for the ideas, but what we decided to do was redefine the problem a
little bit, which is that we didn't necessarily care if anybody read it, just
that we could audit modifications.  So we changed it to:

-a exit,always -F dir=/var/log/audit -F perm=wa -F arch=b32 -S open -k LOG -k
audit
-a exit,always -F dir=/var/log/audit -F perm=wa -F arch=b64 -S open -k LOG -k
audit

That filters out reads while taking into consideration that files get sorted
after dirs (at least in the current rhel5 audit package).

Thanks for the help.