Possible regression

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Jun 2 13:59:02 UTC 2011

On Thursday, June 02, 2011 09:45:38 AM you wrote:
> you're right...sorry for my fault...
> I didn't use the -a switch. I read the man, but I cannot understand how
> this settings is able to fix the problem with O_CREAT.
> Could you explain that to me, please?

As far as I know, the problem was fixed in 2006 and there has been no regression. The -
w command is translated into -a always,exit -F path= under the hood. Its been this way
since watches were deprecated around 2005/2006.

How were you testing? You might have found a bug and I just don't know how to
reproduce it.