log files

LC Bruzenak lenny at magitekltd.com
Fri Jun 17 19:56:24 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 15:15 -0400, Pittigher, Raymond - ES wrote:

> The plan would be to rotate the log at midnight Saturday, use the
> aureport to read the file and give it some kind of format, dump the data
> into a mysql database, then parse it with php on a apache server with a
> firefox front end. Or something like that.

OK; that was my thinking as well.
Only I roll mine up each day already and move them out of the way.

I think you would likely use a custom program which used the parse libs
to extract the searchable elements from each event.

What I was wondering is if on the front end (cgi+browser-side) you had
something in mind which existed already - or if you would code it up
from scratch with the php-mysql piece?

Thx,
LCB

--