excluding auditd events

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Thu May 26 15:22:51 UTC 2011

> The audit package has no dependency on perl.

Oops, sorry, I meant python! My bad!

[rant]
The other dependency I can't overcome (which I could not remember the
other day when the same issue popped up during our discussion Steve) was
the libprelude-devel package, simply because in the way the current
libprelude-devel package is configured,  there is no way on gods green
Earth I could install both i686 and x86_64 versions of the tool to
enable cross-compilation.

There are hardcoded lib paths in "/usr/bin/libprelude-config"
("libdirs=-L/usr/lib" in the i686 version, while "libdirs=-L/usr/lib64"
in the x86_64 version) which are obviously arch-dependent.

Not to mention this little gem in prelude-intttypes.h - "#define
__PRELUDE_HAVE_64BIT_LONG", which is commented out in the i686 version,
instead of using a much-more sensible approach and either 1) define
these variables depending on the current arch used for compilation -
i.e. the "--target" value used in rpmbuild for example; or 2) use two
completely separate versions of these files (say
libprelude-config-<arch> and prelude-inttypes-<arch>.h) and integrate
those in the pkgconfig files.

All this is a classic example of careless programming in my view!
[/rant]

Without libprelude-devel I can't compile/build audispd-plugins, without
audispd-plugins I can't have remote logging in auditd (you get the
picture!).