Suppress messages from /var/log/audit.log via audit.rules

Worsham, Michael mworsham at SCIRES.COM
Tue Nov 1 15:45:51 UTC 2011

SRR still shows this as a failure, using stig.rules contents for audit.rules:

GEN002720: UNIX STIG: 3.16 - The audit system is not configured to audit failed attempts to access files and programs.
AUDITING is NOT correctly CONFIGURED on va33-time.
Ensure that -a exit,always -S open -F success=0 is in /etc/audit/audit.rules on va33-time.
PDI Number: GEN002720
Finding Category: CAT II
Reference: UNIX STIG: 3.16

Is there any documentation that says that the stig.rules file is compliant for GEN002720? The project security folks will only be looking at the SRR output, which says it's not.

We are using the rules as found here: https://fedorahosted.org/audit/browser/trunk/contrib/stig.rules

-- Michael