I'd like to turn auditd off but...

Brian Ross Brian.Ross at asggroup.com.au
Tue Nov 22 01:04:07 UTC 2011

I have a client who is still running RHEL3.  Over the last 12 months the auditd process has become steadily more and more intrusive and causing problems.   I have attempted to turn it off but whenever I do so, suddenly SSH logins stop working.

At the moment the only way I have to manage the auditd process is to regularly delete the 2+GB of log files it creates every 4 hours.   Can anybody tell me how to turn it off without affecting other things?

Cheers

Brian Ross

Brian Ross
Technical Consultant

ASG Group Limited
Level 1 / 267 St Georges Tce.
Perth, WA, 6000
Telephone            +61 8 9420 5451
Mobile                   +61 0434 181 701
Facsimile              +61 8 9420 5422
Brian.Ross at asggroup.com.au<mailto:DooWhan.Kweon at asggroup.com.au>
http://www.asggroup.com.au/

 [cid:image001.gif at 01CBB23E.C8A47A50]
Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this message is strictly confidential. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the authorised agent thereof, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, use, distribution or copying of the within information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and delete all copies of the original message.
* PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE YOU PRINT THIS E-MAIL