Disabling monitoring of a subfolder

Marcelo Cerri mhcerri at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Nov 28 15:48:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

You could use a syscall based form to write the rule.

First exclude the subdirectory that you don't want to watch (using
*never* as action):

     auditctl -a exit,never -F dir=/var/mydata/tmp_data -k my-data

And then add a watcher to all the rest:

     auditctl -a exit,always -F dir=/var/mydata -F perm=w -k my-data

Regards,
Marcelo