audit without python?

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 17:23:49 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 25, 2011 01:12:52 PM Jason wrote:
> Is it possible to compile and use audit without needing python?  If so,
> how?

I've never considered compiling without python because its so pervasive. You can't
really have a functioning system without it inless its an appliance. And would you
want an appliance doing compiles?

You can certainly separate it out after compile in the packaging portion so that
installing it doesn't drag python in. I suppose the configure and Makefiles can be fixed
so it does not make python bindings.