Capture System Time Changes

Strauch, Billy billy.strauch at lmco.com
Thu Jan 19 19:13:11 UTC 2012

Just add following to the audit.rules file. Should record any attempt to set or adjust time from on-privileged user or root.

-S clock_settime -S settimeofday -S adjtimex

# Log administrative functions 32bit
-a exit,always -S reboot -S clock_settime -S settimeofday -S adjtimex -S setdomainname -S sethostname -S reboot -S mount -S umount2 -k admin

# Log administrative functions 64bit
-a exit,always -F arch=b64 -S reboot -S clock_settime -S settimeofday -S adjtimex -S setdomainname -S sethostname -S reboot -S mount -S umount2 -k admin