List of search fields?

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 18:22:39 UTC 2012

On Monday, June 11, 2012 07:00:17 PM Stephen Quinney wrote:
> Is there a definitive list of search fields documented somewhere?

Not really. This is because searching should be focused on the type of thing you
want to find. Are you looking for uids? Or files? Or terminals? etc. The search
capability is not exhaustive or complete. Common Criteria only dictates that
about 5 or 6 required fields should be searchable. But we allow searching on more
than that.

> In particular, I'm trying to find a list of which are (or are not)
> "interpreted" (i.e. the type is AUPARSE_TYPE_ESCAPED).

That is different entirely. The field type information is used to translate the
raw value into something more readable. This is very different than searching.
However, the rule for escaping is as follows.

If a user can control the contents of a field's value, it must be escaped.