Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Alexander Viro aviro at redhat.com
Fri May 18 00:12:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 08:43:54PM +0000, Aaron Lippold wrote:
> LinkedIn
> ------------

> - Aaron
>
> Aaron Lippold
> Computer Scientist and Senior Technology Advisor at DISA
> Washington D.C. Metro Area
>
> Confirm that you know Aaron Lippold:
> https://www.linkedin.com/e/69obwb-h2caes7q-6s/isd/7140513257/pdS5zYZx/?hs=false&tok=3OqLvslGLX5Bg1

... and that, gentlemen, is a lovely demonstration of the reasons why
linkedin should be treated as security hazard.  I'm fairly sure that
what has happened is that the damn thing had crawled through address
book and spammed everything found there, maillist or no maillist.  IOW,
about par for course for malware from a spamhaus, may it go chapter 7...