Patch to fix cross-compiling

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 17:25:04 UTC 2012

On Monday, November 05, 2012 08:38:15 AM George McCollister wrote:
> On 11/05/2012 08:28 AM, Steve Grubb wrote:
> > Well...it breaks the normal build on x86_64:
> Works for me on x86_64. Did you remember to run autogen.sh so configure
> gets regenerated before running configure? If that doesn't help it would
> be helpful to get your lib/Makefile so I could analyze it.

I have a script that I use for testing all patches wrt the build. It have 2
modes, one that pulls a fresh copy from svn to check for missing files and one
that just uses the local svn cache so I can test prior to pushing. It does
something like this:

cwd=`pwd`
mkdir audt
cd audit
cp -r $trunk/* .
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-prelude -with-libwrap
make -j 8 dist
mv audit-$release.tar.gz ~/working/audit/
cd $cwd
rpmbuild -ba ../audit/audit.spec

Its failing under the rpmbuild which does not use the autogen script.

But there is another problem I didn't notice right away...it adds a new file,
m4/ax_cc_for_build.m4. In it is this:

+#   This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it
+#   under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
+#   Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your
+#   option) any later version.

The audit package is strictly GPL/LGPL v2.