Questions about --with-alpha and --with-armeb configure flags

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 17:40:05 UTC 2012

On Monday, November 26, 2012 12:21:55 PM Miloslav Trmac wrote:
> [...]

I guess not

# relinfo.pl /lib64/libaudit.so.1.0.0
/lib64/libaudit.so.1.0.0: 45 relocations, 35 relative (77%), 60 PLT entries, 2
for local syms (3%), 97 users

# relinfo.pl /home/sgrubb/working/BUILD/audit/lib/.libs/libaudit.so.1.0.0
/home/sgrubb/working/BUILD/audit/lib/.libs/libaudit.so.1.0.0: 45 relocations,
35 relative (77%), 56 PLT entries, 2 for local syms (3%), 0 users

However, it does trim about 14k off libaudit by not compiling these in.

> At least on x86_64 (which, true, is especially well-designed for this),
> there are no text relocations in libaudit nor libauparse, whether
> --with-alpha or --with-armeb are used or not.  In fact the number of
> relocations of any kind is exactly the same in both cases.
>
> Any one care to retest this on a different architecture, e.t. 32-bit x86?
>
> FWIW, at least the attached patch was necessary to build with --with-alpha
> --with-armeb.

Applied. Thanks.