Embedded libev library

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Feb 9 16:23:12 UTC 2013

On Saturday, February 09, 2013 04:13:52 PM Laurent Bigonville wrote:
> I've a question about the embedded version of libev. Is there any
> particular reason you are shipping it?

Yes, it has bug fixes in it. If you have ever dealt with upstream for that
project, then you know how difficult it can be to report bugs.

https://fedorahosted.org/audit/changeset/679
https://fedorahosted.org/audit/changeset/698

I know of one more bug that needs fixing in that library.

>Or is it only for convenience?

Nope. This one in particular breaks the build for audit:
https://fedorahosted.org/audit/changeset/679/trunk/src/libev/ev.h

> The Debian archive is containing already containing libev (4.11) and
> it's usually considered bad practice to embed libraries that are
> already contained in the archive.
>
> Would you accept a patch to allow building audit against the system
> libev library?

Sure. But I want it to default to using the embedded one so there are no
regressions out of the box.

Thanks,