audit 2.2.3 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 22:52:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be in rawhide
soon. The ChangeLog is:

- Code cleanups
- In spec file, don't own lib64/audit
- Update man pages
- Aureport no longer reads auditd.conf when stdin is used
- Don't let systemd kill auditd if auditctl errors out
- Update syscall table for 3.7 and 3.8 kernels
- Add interpretation for setns and unshare syscalls
- Code cleanup (Tyler Hicks)
- Documentation cleanups (Laurent Bigonville)
- Add dirfd interpretation to the *at functions
- Add termination signal to clone flags interpretation
- Update stig.rules
- In auditctl, when listing rules don't print numeric value of dir fields
- Add support for rng resource type in auvirt
- Fix aulast bad login output (#922508)
- In ausearch, allow negative numbers for session and auid searches
- In audisp-remote, if disk_full_action is stop then stop sending (#908977)

This is almost entirely a bugfix release. The new capabilities is that the
syscall tables were updated and some interpretations were updated. Ausearch
now allows using a negative number for auid and session search options. Aside
from that - lots of bug fixes.

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.