libauparse exporting clear_config()

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Apr 11 13:42:50 UTC 2014

On Friday, April 11, 2014 08:54:37 AM Laurent Bigonville wrote:
> Le Thu, 10 Apr 2014 07:25:42 -0400,
>
> Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com> a écrit :
> > On Thursday, April 10, 2014 09:06:11 AM Laurent Bigonville wrote:
> > > With 2.3.5, libauparse is exporting a new symbol (clear_config())
> > >
> > > It seems that all the other symbols are prefixed with either
> > > auparse_ or audit_, so is this expected?
> >
> > No, this was not expected. It should be an internal use only
> > function. Is this causing any symbol collision in a known program?
>
> Searching[0] quickly in the code that is present in the debian archive,
> I see that at least lxc has the same function name, but I didn't
> encounter collision myself.

Thanks for checking this. I don't think lxr would be using auparse, so I think
we are safe. That said, the fix is to add the following:

void clear_config(struct daemon_conf *config) hidden;

to auparse/internal.h and then recompile. It's already in svn and will be in
the next release, which should be in the next week or so.

> Apparently libaudit also has some symbols that are not prefixed
> by audit_[1], but these seems a bit less generic than "clear_config()"

Thanks. I don't see anything here likely to cause a collision.

-Steve