EXT :Re: CD Burner Auditing

Burn Alting burn at swtf.dyndns.org
Tue Apr 22 22:00:47 UTC 2014

Steve,

The main challenge for this solution is the definition of all audit
events that imply removable media has been attached.  Juraj's example of
monitoring for mount system calls covers the edge case of copying
to/from mounted devices (given you also identify removable devices
mounted as opposed to say network mounts), but it would not cover the
edge case of say dd'ing to a raw umounted device.

By the way, linking to
http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/reactive/reactive-audit-thesis.pdf
results in

Forbidden

You don't have permission to
access /sgrubb/audit/reactive/reactive-audit-thesis.pdf on this server.

Rgds