Fw: How to define rule for SERVICE_START/STOP?

Gisela Cheng giselac at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 5 14:36:17 UTC 2014

So I understand the SERVICE_START/STOP are sent by systemd.  We do have a
unit file for systemd as following:

 [Unit]
Description=......

[Service]
Type=forking
WorkingDirectory=/var/lib/....

PIDFile=/var/run/xxxx.pid

ExecStart=/usr/sbin/xxxx

Restart=always

# Wait a bit before restarting xxx
RestartSec=5s

# xxxx kicks the watchdog
WatchdogSec=60

# If xxxx doesn't signal that it's ready, consider it failed
TimeoutStartSec=300

# Time between SIGTERM and SIGKILL on shutdown
TimeoutStopSec=20

# Allows calls to sd_notify from main process
NotifyAccess=main

StandardInput=null
StandardOutput=journal
StandardError=journal

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Would this trigger the creation of the audit record?  Our application is
expected to be up and running all the time.  But we can shut it down, or
it could be down due to error.  We want audit record when it is down.
Would TimeoutStopSec=  tag (don't know if this is the proper name)
does it, or I need other special tag?

Thanks.

 Gisela Cheng
 giselac at us.ibm.com