arm64 audit build failures in -next

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Sat Aug 23 15:50:43 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 04:11:20PM +0100, Build bot for Mark Brown wrote:

> 	arm64-allmodconfig
> ../arch/arm64/kernel/ptrace.c:1120:3: error: too many arguments to function 'audit_syscall_entry'

This has now been broken in -next for about a month with a fix available
and since the merge window the arm64 audit support is in mainline so the
fix can be directly applied without cross tree issues (the audit changes
didn't get sent during the merge window).  Catalin and Will have also
indicated that they want to remove the workaround that's in -next
currently to allow defconfig to build which would make the situation
even more pressing.

Do we have any idea when it will be possible to get a fix into -next?