audit_status in kernel

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 21:48:06 UTC 2014

Hello,

I was looking at a new kernel and see that the audit_status structure has
changed. The first member of the structure is a bit mask that tells what all is
in the structure. So, if we add this:

        __u32           version;        /* audit api version number */
        __u32           backlog_wait_time;/* message queue wait timeout */
};

Then we need to have a define for those two:

#define AUDIT_STATUS_BACKLOG_LIMIT      0x0010
+#define AUDIT_STATTUS_VERSION			0x0020
-#define AUDIT_STATUS_BACKLOG_WAIT_TIME  0x0020
+#define AUDIT_STATUS_BACKLOG_WAIT_TIME  0x0040

IOW, each entry in the structure is supposed to have a mask value.