New draft standards

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Dec 8 19:22:05 UTC 2015

Hello,

I would like to point out 2 new standards that have been posted to the linux
audit web page. The first establishes the events around system start up and
shutdown. This is important because it sets the session boundaries for when a
system is up or down or crashed.

http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/system-lifecycle.txt

The second standard is more of a forward looking standard. It explains how the
audit daemon and utilities will perform event enrichment before being stored
long term in an aggregator. The target for implementation is the 2.5 release
of the audit daemon.

http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/event-enrichment

Let me know if anyone has feedback on these standards, especially the second
one.