Audit: audisp-remote plugin: why is OpenLDAP a dependency ??

salgak at comcast.net salgak at comcast.net
Mon Feb 9 13:47:36 UTC 2015

I'm currently dealing with a VMware appliance, and need to export my audit logs. Despite VMware telling me to use the audisp-remote plugin with auditd, I get a dependency check for OpenLDAP, and the install fails.

I'm pointing to my audit server (a Splunk box) via IP address. Is there any workaround, or am I stuck adding even MORE software to the appliance ??

It is by Caffeine alone, that I set my Mind in Motion.
It is by the Beans of Java that thought acquires speed, the hands develop shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by Caffeine alone that I set my Mind in Motion.