multipart messages & delivery guarantees

Hassan Sultan hsultan at thefroid.net
Mon Feb 23 03:15:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

Some events, such as execve or socket-related syscalls generate more than
one message, which I'll separate as the "main" message, and then the 'sub'
messages.

Does the audit system guarantee in any way that user-mode will receive
either no message, or all messages for a given event ?

I'm curious to know if for example I could get an execve syscall message,
but no cwd message, for example in case of low-memory condition.

Thanks,

Hassan