How to audit socket close system call?

LC Bruzenak lenny at magitekltd.com
Fri Jan 9 18:22:58 UTC 2015

On 01/08/2015 04:55 PM, Alexander Viro wrote:
> Incidentally, that's a fine example of the reasons why syscall audit is useless
> for almost anything other than CYA.  It's not that syscall tracing is useless -
> strace can be quite useful, actually.  It's the bogus impression of coverage
> in case of watching what live system does - a whole lot of events simply do
> not map on "somebody had done a syscall with such and such arguments".
All true & well put; thank you.
The CYA factor IS important. But the translation magic from user actions
to syscalls (and back - from intent to result) is where it gets interesting.
The forensics challenge with the data we have is what some of us are
grappling with now (forever).

LCB

--
LC (Lenny) Bruzenak