audit 2.4.3 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Jul 16 23:14:57 UTC 2015

Hello,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be in rawhide
soon. The ChangeLog is:

- Add python3 support for libaudit
- Cleanup automake warnings
- Add AuParser_search_add_timestamp_item_ex to python bindings
- Add AuParser_get_type_name to python bindings
- Correct processing of obj_gid in auditctl (Aleksander Zdyb)
- Make plugin config file parsing more robust for long lines (#1235457)
- Make auditctl status print lost field as unsigned number
- Add interpretation mode for auditctl -s
- Add python3 support to auparse library
- Make --enable-zos-remote a build time configuration option (Clayton Shotwell)
- Updates for cross compiling (Clayton Shotwell)
- Add MAC_CHECK audit event type
- Add libauparse pkgconfig file (Aleksander Zdyb)

The main focus of this release is in adding Python3 support. There were also
various bug fixes and improvements for cross compile support.

Note to Package Maintainers
To add python 3 support, you will need to add --with-python3=yes to the
./configure line. This is independent of python2 support so that one day
python2 can be retired is so desired.

One other change to be aware of is that zos plugin support is dropped by
default. This means that to keep the same zos binary in the distribution, you
will need to add --enable-zos-remote to the configure line.

There is also a new auparse.pc file that you may want to package up in the
devel package.

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.