SELinux policy reload cannot be sent to audit system

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 03:23:30 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, November 03, 2015 09:48:31 PM Laurent Bigonville wrote:
> Le 03/11/15 21:08, Richard Guy Briggs a écrit :

> >> Since its -1, that would be an EPERM. No idea where this is coming from
> >> if you have CAP_AUDIT_WRITE. I use pscap to check that.
> >
> > Are you in a container of any kind or any non-init USER namespace?  I
> > can't see it being denied otherwise assuming it is only trying to send
> > AUDIT_USER_* class messages.  (This assumes upstream kernel.)
>
> No, I initially saw this on my laptop and then tested on F23 in kvm.

I tested this on Fedora 22 and did not get a USER_AVC from dbus, but I also
did not get an error message in syslog. So, I don't know what to make of it.
(And for the record, I have a bz open saying that USER_AVC is the wrong event
type. They are blaming libselinux but I blame them for not using
AUDIT_USER_MAC_POLICY_LOAD.)

-Steve