auditing kdbus service names

Paul Moore pmoore at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 22:32:05 UTC 2015

On Thursday, August 13, 2015 04:40:52 PM Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 10:48:10 PM Paul Moore wrote:

> > > What was used on the old dbus events?
> >
> > The very generic "service" field name, see the "acquire_svc" example in
> > the URL below.  I believe there is some value in picking a new field name
> > since 1) the field name is too generic in my opinion and 2) kdbus != dbus.
>
> In my book, they are the same. They are programs providing services on the
> bus. One thing I noticed in the dbus events is that there are a number of
> user controlled fields that are not escaped.

Following up on this ...

Decided to just reuse "service" since the rest of the audit record will make
it obvious (new obj class/perms) that the record if for a kdbus event and not
a dbus event.  The next patchset will include the audit bits, I'll CC the
patchset here.

--
paul moore
security @ redhat