BSides Portland - The Linux Audit Framework

Smith, Gary R Gary.Smith at pnnl.gov
Thu Oct 22 15:53:22 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I was at the BSides Portland security conference last weekend and I gave a presentation called “The Linux Audit Framework” there. I have put up the slides from the presentation on slideshare. I have also put up a file that implements the Center for Internet Security RHEL 6 Benchmark for audit rules. In addition, I have put up a document that is “Smith’s Audit Cheat Sheet”. It is what audit commands to run by analysts during first, second and third shift.

The presentation slides are at: http://www.slideshare.net/GarySmith99/the-linux-audit-framework
The CIS audit rules are at: http://www.slideshare.net/GarySmith99/linux-auditrules
The “Cheat Sheet” are at: http://www.slideshare.net/GarySmith99/audit-commands-by-shift

I hope you find them useful.